The Osteopathic Session
You will find information about which case to consult, prices and coverage by insurance compagnies.
When to consult?
Osteopathy is a wonderful way to heal as it is available at every age. Everyone can benefit from the effect of osteopathic medicine: newborns, babies, children, adults of every age and of course pregnant women who go through so many physical changes in 9 months.
Osteopathy isn’t only for back pains but it is of help for other issues such as sleep disorders, digestion issues…
Muscular and articular disorders
- Low back pain (sciatica, slipped disc…), pain in the neck, stiff neck, muscular tensions …
- Sprains (ankle sprain, knee sprain…)
- Arthrosis, arthritis
After a trauma
- Car accident
- Fall on the head or on the buttocks
- After sprains or fractures
- After surgeries
Nervous and Vascular System
- Sleep disorders, anxiety, stress, tiredness…
- Sensation of heavy legs…
- Neuralgia (Sciatica…)
- Migraines, headaches…
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Urinary and gynecological system
- Urinary disorders : chronic urinary tract infection…
- Menstrual cycle disorders : painful periods, amenorrhea, dysmenorrheal, fertility disorders…
ENT (ear, nose and throat)
- Sinusitis, asthma, allergies, rhinitis…
- So called dizziness, whistling in ears…
The french Sécurité Sociale doesn’t cover Osteopathic Sessions.
However, many insurance compagnies do. Your osteopath will give you a paper for your insurance compagny. The best way to know if your insurance compagny covers osteopathic sessions is to call them.
If you have subscribed to a french private insurance compagny (“mutuelle”), here is a list published on the Registre des Ostéopathes de France, by clicking here.